Statement of Faith
The Adullam Church, which meets at H.C.N.S Harold's Cross is an independent evangelical church, subscribing unreservedly to the essential doctrines of Christian belief as stated hereunder:
1. The plenary inspiration of the Old and New Testament Scriptures as originally given, and their final authority and sufficiency in all matters pertaining to faith and doctrine.
2. The unity of the Godhead and the eternal co-equality of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. The Lord Jesus Christ as true God and true man, His deity, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death and physical resurrection.
4. The work of Jesus Christ in His life, death and resurrection as Representative and Substitute; His atonement for sin whereby He secured righteousness, forgiveness and eternal life for all who are united to Him by faith.
5. The ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ, His intercession at the throne of God, His coming again personally and visibly in glory and power.
6. The deity and personality of the Holy Spirit, and His essential work in conviction, regeneration, sanctification and operation of spiritual gifts.
7. The creation of man in the image of God, his sin and fall, the consequences of which passed to all humanity, and resulted in the universal guilt of all mankind before God.
8. The personality of Satan, his opposition to God and his purposes, and his corruption and enslavement of man.
9. Salvation is solely by the grace of God, accomplished by God the Son and applied by God the Holy Spirit. It is appropriated by God-given faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and includes regeneration, justification, sanctification and final glorification.
10. The bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the one to eternal life and the other to eternal punishment,
11. The one, holy, universal church which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong.
Church Order and Practice
Adullam Church also subscribe to what was taught by Jesus Christ and the Apostles, and believed and practised by the early church (Matt 28:18-20; Acts 2:42). These tenets include:
1. The baptism of believers by immersion in water (Matt 28:19; Acts 2:41; Acts 10:44-46).
2. The regular observance of Communion, also known as the Breaking of Bread or the Lord's Supper (1 Cor 11:23-24).
3. The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit, the initial evidence being the ability to speak in tongues as enabled by the Holy Spirit (Matt 3:11; Acts 2:4; Acts 10:44-46).
4. The operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as enabled and controlled by the Holy Spirit (Rom 12:6-8; 1 Cor 12:1-11).
5. The privilege of all believers, regardless of gender, to exercise the gifts of the Holy Spirit in the church.
6. The privilege of all believers, regardless of gender, to engage in audible prayer in the church.
7. The bestowing by Jesus Christ of pastors/elders to the church to provide leadership and instruction (Eph 4:11-12; Acts 14:21-23; Her 13:7,17).
8. The appointment by the church of deacons to assist the pastor/elders in the work of the church 9Acts 6:6-16; 1 Tim 3:8-13).
9. The praying for the sick by pastor/elders (James 5:14-15).
10. The obligation to tithe to the church (1 Cor 16:2).